GCCHLA Board Meeting - June 19, 2012
MEETING June 19, 2012
Vintage Moose in Idaho Springs
Attendees (Board Members/Alternates):
Crouse, Lance & Mari Jo
DePoyster, Curtis & Tina
Gallaher, Dave & Judy
Stewart, Rusty & Jodie
Annual - August 18th planned..
Previous Meeting: Meeting minutes were
Note: To better accomodate guest speakers, New and Old Bussiness order was flipped for this meeting.
and local representatives attended the meeting and spoke to a variety
of fire mitigation related subjects in and around our neighborhoods and
- Representatives included
- John Chapman: CWPP (Community Wildfire Protection Plan) Coordinator
- Kathleen Krebs: Clear Creek County, Office of Emergency Management, Director
- Jane Anne Thomas: Clear Creek County, Office of Emergency Management, Deputy Director - Coordinator
- Travis Griffin: Forester Serving Clear Creek, Jefferson, and Northern Park Counties
- A few of the points made (too many to capture in minutes)
- Neighborhoods and HOAs should decide which areas/items within the CWPP should be their focus. (John Chapman)
- Grants are available to help neighborhoods fund wildfire mitigation activities. (Travis Griffin)
- Possible areas for focus (HOA/neighborhoods should narrow to 2 or 3 ideas) from the CWPP include
- Defensible space,
- Property protection,
- Evacuation plans (and practice, practice, practice),
- Street signage, and
- Much more.
Forest Service can, for a fee, provide defensible space consultation
(Travis Griffin); Note: it was mentioned at the meeting that Clear
Creek County offers similar services at no charge (TrentHyatt - Senior Planner / Site Development Inspector).
- Everyone in the neighborhood should sign up for the counties Code Red (e.g., Reverse 911 type service) programs:
- Link to the Clear Creek County Office of Emergency Management: http://www.co.clear-creek.co.us/index.aspx?nid=97
- Dave Gallaher provided information on a couple of home fire defense units.
- Section Boss Proposal - Dave will try to pull together by next meeting.
Annual Trash Day/potluck/meeting - the county no longer offers the half
price trash day therefore, the HOA will be unable to fund a trash day.
Instead, the HOA is still planning on having an annual potluck
party in the afternoon.
county is apparently no longer spraying York Gulch with what has come
to be known as teriyaki sauce (the spray that helps hold down the dust
and slow road degradation). We are not sure why they have
stopped. If you'd like more information or wish to request the
spray, please contact the county road and bridge.
- Similar to last year, Dave is requesting allocations of the free road base from the county.
- Neighborhood areas should continue to spread the road base provided last year by the county.
- There is still some thought that maybe HOA could get volunteers and paint donations together and paint the firehouse.
Report (Curtis DePoyster reporting for Karen Aragon - firstname.lastname@example.org)