HOME
Gilpin - Clear Creek Home
& Landowners Association, Inc.

P.O. Box 237 - Idaho Springs, CO 80452
www.YorkGulch.com

Meetings 

Introduction

Agendas and Minutes 

2022 

September 10
Minutes
August 22
Minutes
May 31
Minutes

2019 

September 21
Minutes
April 10
Minutes

2018 

September 15
Minutes
April 26
Minutes

2017 

July 13
Minutes
March 8
Minutes

2016 

September 10
Minutes
June 23
Minutes
March 29
Minutes

2015 

September 12
Minutes
August 6
Minutes
March 26
Minutes

2014 

June 18
Minutes
February 6
Minutes

2013 

October 5
Minutes
January 10
Agenda
January 10
Minutes

2012 

September 22
Minutes
June 19
Agenda
June 19
Minutes
February 26
Agenda
February 26
Minutes

2011 

October 23
Minutes
August 16
Motion
June 28
Motion
June 21
Agenda
June 21
Minutes

2010 

August 7
Minutes
June 19
Minutes
May 7
Minutes

2009 

November 10
Officer Election
September 19
Agenda
August 12
Agenda
August 12
Minutes
June 27

2008 

November 18
September 27
May 28

2007 

November 15
September 23
August 02
June 16
March 22

2006 

October 10
September 9
June 22
May 2

2005 

November 28
September 17
July 7

2004 

June 18
GCCHLA Board Meeting - January 10, 2012

GCCHLA MEETING January 10, 2013 (Unapproved)

Location: The Gallahers 
Time: 7:10PM
Adjourned: 8:10PM

Attendees (Board Members/Alternates):

Aragon, Karen

Bottomley, John

Crouse, Lance & Mari Jo

DePoyster, Curtis & Tina

Gallaher, Dave & Judy

Huntoon, Heather

Liggett, John

Stewart, Rusty

Taylor, Matt

Wandrey, Craig

Next Meeting: March at the Crouse’s

Treasurer’s Report

         Treasurers report – See amounts at bottom.

         Closing the Emergency Fund Checking

o    Karen indicated the bank is threatening to close out the Emergency Fund checking account due to non-use.  She transferred money from the savings to keep it active for now.

o    A motion was made to go ahead and close the Emergency Fund Checking account and to move the funds into the Emergency Fund Savings since any emergency funds needed can be accessed by moving money from the savings into the normal checking account.  All attending board members were in favor of the motion with the resulting action item that Curtis (new treasurer) will close the Emergency Fund Checking account.

o    There was some additional discussion that due to the current bank’s (Mutual of Omaha) fees for unused accounts, the HOA may want to consider moving the accounts to a credit union.

         Minutes from June 19, 2012 and September 22, 2012 were approved.

New Business

         Forest Service Permit

o    Regarding the question of what are the HOA dues used for, there was some discussion of the Forest Service Permit.  This is probably the most important item paid using dues as the current permit does not expire so long as the fees are paid.  If the HOA was to need replace the permit, new permits have expirations and are potentially far more expensive and difficult to obtain.

         Annual Meeting Poor Attendance Discussion

o    Compared to the prior year, the attendance was down at the annual meeting.

o    No concrete ideas as to why but could have been either the timing or the lack of a trash day.

o    Heather will look into the possibility of obtaining a roll-away dumpster for this year’s meeting as a way of saving money (since the county is no longer offering the half off rate to the HOA).

o    Matt will check with Tim Vogel to see what other possibilities there are regarding fee discounts.
Post Meeting Note: Matt did talk with Tim and determined that the transfer station would be willing to accept road trash for free, but not personal property trash.  So there is still a possibility of having a clean-up day if we could figure out how to manage the source of the trash.

         Board Officer Selection

o    All officer positions were voted in unanimously by the attending board members.  The positions are:

  President: Dave Gallaher

  Vice President: Heather Huntoon

  Treasurer: Curtis DePoyster

  Secretary: Mari Jo Crouse

         Spring Cleaning Party – Tentatively the first or second weekend in June.

o    Details will be finalized at the next board meeting;

o    We are planning to advertise in the Firestarter

o    Spring Cleaning will include painting the firehouse (assuming the county will provide funds for paint)

         Facebook Page: Curtis will look into (and setup) a York Gulch Facebook page as another method of communication with the neighborhood.

         Polly Dunlop volunteered to help organize and identify York Gulch area names and addresses such that the HOA’s annual fund gathering could be made more efficient.

Old Business

         Update on the Community Wildfire Protection Plan

o    Not much progress to report.

o    The top 3 priorities have been submitted for possible grants

  Grade Bald Mountain Road to make it a viable escape route;

  Individual fire mitigation surveys; and

  Improved signage.

         Roads

o    Road maintenance is the responsibility of the home and land owners for their segments of roads.

o    Dave Gallaher is planning on organizing the purchase of road base to take advantage of bulk rates.  Please talk to your neighbors and contact Dave if you are interested in chipping in (purchasing) any road base for your area.
Dave can be reached at president@yorkgulch.com


Treasurer's Report (Karen Aragon -
treasurer@yorkgulch.com)

Emergency Fund Checking:

$260.00

Emergency Fund Savings:

$7,806.69

Homeowner’s Checking:

$1,179.34

Homeowner’s Savings:

$2,744.96

Total Accounts:

$11,990.99

 


© 1999-2017 by Gilpin-Clear Creek Home and Landowners Association
All rights reserved.
Contact: -- PHP Version: 8.0.26