GCCHLA Meeting Minutes, September 15, 2018
GCCHLA Meeting – Thursday,
September 15, 2018 (Draft)
Crouse, Curtis & Tina DePoyster, Dave Gallaher,
Rusty Stewart, Otto & Kelly
VanGeet, Craig Wandrey
Total for all Accounts - $18,844.075
- John explained the need for
the Forest Service Permit and for Homeowners Association insurance. John also described the last time the
emergency fund was used for road maintenance and the time before that
to plow out neighbors.
- Everyone at the meeting
- Matt Taylor gave an update on
the Forest Service recreational shooting plan.
- In 2012 the county was
receiving a lot of complaints from homeowners concerning shooting in
- In 2013 a group was formed
with representatives from the Forest Service and Clear Creek, Gilpin,
Boulder and Larimer counties.
- In 2015 the Forest Service
closed Boulder and Gilpin counties to all recreational shooting. This was done without any input from the
- The Forest Service will
release a new plan next week.
- For an area to be closed to
shooting a shooting range with 15 shooter lanes needs to be open in the
- On the south side of I-70
there is Devils Nose range at Highway 103 and Highway 5.
- The county is looking for a
site on the north side of I-70 for a shooting range.
- Hunting is not affected by
- Matt encouraged people to
contact our county commissioner Randy Wheelock.
- Additional information may be
found at sportshootingpartners.com.
- A bridge will be built across
I-70 at Fall River Road.
- No update on mailboxes.
- No information on road base
from the county at this time.